Essilor Now Offers Regenexx Under Your Health Plan.
Up to 70% of elective orthopedic cases can be treated with Regenexx to provide a less invasive alternative to surgery with less downtime.
Regenexx Helps Your Body Heal Itself. Learn More Below.
- Joint Replacement Alternative
- Muscular/Ligament Strains
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated, torn, degenerative discs (if covered under your plan)
- Knee ACL/MCL/PCL and Meniscus Tears
- Leg/Arm Numbness & Weakness
- Shoulder Rotator Cuff Injuries or Pain
- Tendonitis and Bursitis
- Tennis and Golfer's Elbow
- Achilles Tendon Tears
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Many more conditions of the joints, bones, tendons, muscles, or ligaments that cause pain!
How Regenexx Procedures Work
Stem Cell Treatments
Same Day Stem Cell Protocol
Adult stem cells are cells from your own body that can renew themselves and turn into other cells (differentiate). They live inside all of us in various tissues, poised to leap into action to repair damage as it occurs. As we age or have big injuries, we may not be able to recruit enough of these cells to the site to fully repair the area. Regenexx Stem Cell Procedures help overcome this problem by extracting stem cells from an area of high volume, then concentrating the cells and reinjecting them into the damaged area to help the body heal naturally. Our Patented Stem Cell Procedures can be used for a wide range of conditions and are the tool of choice for injuries, arthritis and other conditions that may be more significant than what may be treated with our Platelet Rich Plasma or Platelet Lysate Procedures.
Blood Platelet Treatments
Advanced Platelet Rich Plasma & Platelet Lysate Procedures
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Platelet Lysate Injection Treatments contain healing growth components from your own blood that increase your body’s natural ability to repair itself. The use of PRP to repair joint, tendon, ligament, and muscle injuries is becoming well known, thanks to exposure from professional athletes. Platelet injection treatments are effective because they have a stimulating effect on the stem cells within the targeted area, making those stem cells work harder to heal damaged tissues. Our Advanced Platelet Procedures are more pure and concentrated than those created by the automated machines used at most regenerative medicine clinics. Platelet procedures are commonly used for soft tissue injuries and mild arthritis.
Find the Regenexx Provider Nearest You – Then Call Us.
Find your nearest provider on the map and note the name of the clinic. Then call us at 866-549-8753 for details on scheduling an appointment and ensuring coverage for your visit and treatment.
Not Within Driving Distance of a Regenexx Location? Click for Phone Consultation Information.
Not Within Driving Distance of a Regenexx Location? Schedule a Phone Consultation!
For patients outside of the driving distance for an office visit consultation, Regenexx and the Regenexx Network Providers have developed a process in which a phone consultation can replace the need to travel in for the initial consult.
The patient will need the following:
- Current MRI
- If patient does not have a current MRI they will need their primary care physician to order one.
- Any medical records pertaining to their injury or condition
- All medical records must be sent to your Regenexx Network Provider
- Once the medical records have been received by the physician, a staff member will reach out to schedule your phone consultation.
- During the phone consultation the Regenexx Physician will determine the patient’s candidacy for a Regenexx procedure.
- A patient coordinator will contact the patient to schedule the procedure
If you would like to find out where your closest Regenexx Provider is located or have questions about the phone consultation process please call Regenexx at 866-549-8753.
Information About Insurance Coverage
Click to view information within each toggle.
Insurance Plan Summary and FAQ (+ Click to Expand)
Essilor Participant Frequently Asked Questions (updated 8/15/2019)
1. Is Regenexx covered by the Essilor medical plans and what will be my out of pocket cost?
Regenexx is a covered benefit on the Essilor medical plans. Your out of pocket cost will depend on (1) which medical plan you have elected, (2) your course of treatment, (3) your progress toward reaching your out of pocket max for the calendar year. After an initial evaluation, a Regenexx physician can determine if you are a good candidate for a Regenexx procedure and provide a recommended treatment plan and potential costs.
2. How do I know if I would be a good candidate for a Regenexx procedure?
Your first step is to have an evaluation at a Regenexx facility. The initial evaluation takes approximately 60 minutes and will consist of a review of your health history and examination of the impacted area(s). If you have a recent MRI, the Regenexx facility may request a copy and/or other medical information/records related to the injury. If you do not have a recent MRI and need to have one done, visit the MyUHC.com website for in-network facility. The Regenexx physician will provide an analysis of the injured area(s) and a recommended course of treatment.
3. What is my cost for the initial evaluation?
If you are covered by the EOA1 or EOA2 medical plans, your initial consultation will be 100% covered by Essilor. If you are covered by the EOA3 medical plan and have not met your deductible, you will pay for the consult and then be reimbursed the cost of the consult and then be reimbursed for the cost through payroll. Taxes will apply.
4. Beyond the initial evaluation, what other out of pocket expenses can I expect with the Regenexx procedure?
If you are on the EOA1 or EOA2 plan, any remaining cost for the procedures will have a copay and coinsurance applied which go toward your out-of-pocket maximum. Regenexx procedures do not apply to your deductible on these plans. If you are on the EOA3 plan, any remaining cost for the procedures will apply towards your deductible of $3,500, and if a Regenexx procedure is complete Essilor will reimburse deductible costs up to $1,500 via payroll. Once the deductible is met no additional reimbursement will be provided. Taxes will apply.
Any Durable Medical Equipment (DME) you receive from Regenexx will be billed to your health insurance and will apply to coinsurance only.
5. Is Regenexx different than any other medical expense covered by the Essilor medical plan?
No. Your provider will submit Regenexx claims the same as they would for any other medical claims throughout the year. Your portion of the cost of services will be applied based on the medical plan you are on.
6. Can I use my Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) funds to cover my portion of the cost?
Yes. You can use FSA or HSA funds through the normal process through the Taben Group. If you use FSA dollars you may be asked to provide documentation to substantiate the medical expense.
7. Is Essilor recommending or endorsing Regenexx as a treatment option?
Essilor is adding Regenexx as a new service covered under the medical plan, however electing any medical service or procedure is entirely up to you and completely optional. If surgery is a recommended course of action by your doctor, we are requiring a consult be done at no cost to you prior to being approved for surgery. If it is determined that surgery is the best solution, you can receive additional savings by using the UHC Spine and Joint Center of Excellence. You will be directed to a UHC nurse to receive additional information on this option.
8. Log in to the Regenexx website at http://regenexxbenefits.com/Essilor to request for a Regenexx representative to contact you. Or call directly at 1-866- 549-8753 to speak with a representative.
If you have additional question about Regenexx or the UHC Spine and Joint Centers of Excellence, please contact the Benefits Service Center at 888-426-4246 or email email@example.com.
Join Dr. Chris Centeno for a Regenexx Webinar!
Dr. Chris Centeno, Regenexx founder, presents this webinar discussing the #1 Stem Cell & Platelet Procedures for treating arthritis, common joint injuries & spine pain.
Next Webinar Starts in: Minutes
Select a date & time that works best for you. Plan on 50 minutes.